Here’s something to make up for the fact that summer is abruptly ending: We have just released our part 3 of the Implementing an Information Governance Program white paper series. We know you’ve all been patiently waiting!
In this white paper series, we describe a four-part proven process for undertaking an information governance project – we call that process the Corporate Information Governance Program (CIGP).
Key points from the Implementation phase:
- Plan time to gather key metrics about your information prior to policy planning
- Leverage the expertise of your IG committee members when formulating policies
- Select policy enforcement tools that are flexible and extensible
- Let your user community know why the governance polices are being implemented
- Make provisions for initial and recurring training of the end user community
- When policies change, resist the temptation to take shortcuts and be sure to repeat the implementation steps
To access this white paper, click here.
This series delves into each of the four distinct phases of the CIGP framework. Check back for installment 4 soon.
For the first installment, “The Planning Process,” click here.
For the second installment, “Building Your Roadmap,” click here.