Register for our upcoming CCPA webinar!
With the impending deadline to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act, Retail & Consumer Products companies are revisiting practices that impact their privacy compliance programs. On January 1, 2020 any company that does business in California and has annual revenues in excess of $25 million, possesses personal information (PI) of 50,000 or more consumers, households, or devices, or earns more than half of its annual revenue from selling consumers’ PI, will need to comply with this new law. Although the deadline is January 2020, consumers will have the ability to request data that your company possessed on January 1, 2019.
In this session, our speakers will provide guidance on how to operationalize your CCPA compliance program by implementing practices to:
- Identify categories of personal information collected about the specific consumer
- Determine next steps retail/consumer products companies will need to take to be compliant
- Understand the specific pieces of personal information that were collected about the consumer
- Define the commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling the personal information
- Map any third parties that are sharing personal information with the company
- Karen Schuler | Principal & National Governance & Compliance Practice Leader, BDO USA
- Rick Wilson | VP of Strategy & Solutions, Sherpa Software
- Rebecca Shore-Suslowitz | Director, Global Privacy, Under Armour
- Shannon Yavorsky | Partner, Venable LLP
Seats are limited. Register here: https://www.bdo.com/events/california-consumer-privacy-act-6-month-countdown