- Identity of the Data Controller
Sherpa Software, LLC. is a software provider and a State of Delaware corporation, with its principal place of business at 456 Washington Avenue, Bridgeville, PA, County of Allegheny, US +1-412-206-0005 and Sherpa Software Group, L.P. is a software provider and a State of Pennsylvania limited partnership, with its principal place of business at 456 Washington Avenue, Bridgeville, PA, County of Allegheny, US +1-412-206-0005, herein referred collectively as “Sherpa Software”.
This Policy does not cover data in which individual persons cannot be identified because pseudonyms are used.
- Information from a Sherpa Software Customer We May Host
Sherpa Software may obtain various types of data as a software developer. Information that may be obtained from the customer through Sherpa Software’s SaaS offering is provided by the customer- information from individuals is not directly collected or gathered by Sherpa Software. Sherpa and its customers enter into agreements that define how the information is used and the data is used for business purposes only.
Sherpa Software may share or disclose your personal information under any of the following:
- To provide services to our customers, fulfill orders, and conduct payment processing;
- For internal purposes (subsidiaries or other);
- When required by law, defend our legal rights, or to protect your or interests of others;
- To make marketing messages more relevant to you; and
- For a business transaction, such as acquisition, merger, or other pursuant to the recipient pledges confidentiality and agrees to only use the information related to the transaction.
- Information Collected Through our Website and/or Information you have provided to us
It is important to note that there are different types of information: a) your private information, such as name, company, and phone number and b) information regarding your personal use of the Website, such as what you click. Collectively, these are referred to as confidential information). Sherpa Software collects a variety of information about the use of its website by all users.
In order to provide you with a particular product or service online, we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your email address and customer account number, for purposes such as correspondence, site registration, registering for support, or participating in online surveys. Some areas require the use of a User-ID and password to help protect your confidential information and to authenticate your identity.
If you are known to us as a customer and/or registered user, then Sherpa Software may combine information about your use of the website and the online products or services you utilize with certain other online and offline information we have about you. We also combine information that you provide with information available from external sources, such as census bureau data, in order to customize your online experience and present you with relevant online and offline offers and updates.
Sherpa Software may use “cookies” to collect information about how our Website is used.
- Information Use
Sherpa Software may use information you have chosen to give to us to, for example, provide a service, ensure proper billing, measure consumer interest in our various services and inform you about products and services. If you provide us with your information, or have done so in the past, we may contact you through email, phone, mail, or additional ways. These communications may be based on information you provided in your initial transaction with us, in surveys, or from information provided in other ways that may indicate preferences.
- Data Security
Sherpa Software uses appropriate technical and administrative measures to protect information we process.at appropriate levels for the information provided. Sherpa Software has implemented physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect information in its custody and control from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and disclosure.
Where Sherpa Software has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Sherpa Software’s sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Sherpa Software requests that you not share your password with anyone.
Sherpa Software will do its best to protect your personal information, however Sherpa Software cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to Sherpa Software’s sites and any transmission is at your own risk. Once your information is received by Sherpa Software, we will use strong security features to prevent unauthorized access.
- Your Rights
Sherpa Software may send you emails about the services you have purchased, your customer account, marketing documents that you registered for, or to respond directly to any questions you may have. Sherpa may also send you emails based upon your marketing preferences with information about services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to stop receiving emails from Sherpa Software, you may contact our office at (412) 206-0005 or e-mail email@example.com or click the unsubscribe link in the email itself.
- EU and Swiss Privacy Shield Frameworks
Sherpa Software is subject to the jurisdiction and enforcement authority of the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield principles, we attest to the following statements:
- EU, the United Kingdom and Swiss individuals have the right to access their information that we hold, and to correct or delete inaccurate information or data that has been handled in violation of the Privacy Shield principles. Anyone wishing to exercise that right may do so by contacting our office at +1-412-206-0005 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are liable for the transfer of personal data to agent third parties unless we can prove we were not a party to the events giving rise to the damages.
- We may be required to release personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements.
- We will provide an individual opt-out choice, or opt-in for sensitive data, before we share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To request to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to email@example.com.
If an EU, the United Kingdom or Swiss Individual Customer’s question or concern cannot be satisfied through this process, Sherpa Software has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
Effective Date: 1/1/2020